Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Exit Slip - Dave Hewitt's Math Classroom Video

          What struck me most about Dave Hewitt’s math classroom was how engaged students were in activities. The teacher made a good use of a classroom to get students to understand better and strengthen their visual/ spatial thinking. Also, I realized that I would have to use wait time well during class time. Oftentimes, I found it hard to wait in silence for students to answer questions in class. However, considering the fact that students need time to think and organize their thoughts, I should implement a longer wait time. In addition, by using a bracket to show multiplication or a horizontal line to show division, the teacher could also reduce confusion that students might have made while solving math equations. Therefore, based on what I have seen in the video, I will try to incorporate such teaching strategies/ practices into the classroom in order to develop students’ mathematical/ logical thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment